Join over 300 guests from the arts, business, and legal communities of Greater Boston to celebrate our thriving creative economy and recognize those business and legal professionals who work to strengthen it. Martinis & Masterpieces features live music, cocktails and hors d’oeuvres created by local chefs, and a silent auction featuring art and gift packages. MORE DETAILS COMING SOON.
The New England Philharmonic (NEP) under the direction of Richard Pittman will commence the 2015-16 season on October 25 with a tour of 20th century music saluting NEP’s Composer Laureate Gunther Schuller on his 90th birthday. NEP’s annual December family concert will bring literary characters Jay Gatsby and Tom Sawyer to musical life and enlists the children of Boston City Singers to help tell the story of Elijah’s Angel. February brings a set of variations, including the Boston premiere of a work based on PBS theme music; and the season finale features Alban Berg’s violin concerto along with two premieres, including a new symphony by Composer in Residence David Rakowski and a composition by the winner of NEP’s 30th annual Call for Scores Competition.
Subscriptions and tickets for NEP’s 2015-16 season are now available at www.NEPhilharmonic.org.
All performances are held at Boston University’s Tsai Performance Center, 685 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston Ma 02215.
October 25, 2015 – 8pm │ Stepping Stones of the 20th Century: Celebrating Gunther Schuller at 90
• Irving Fine │ “Toccata Concertante”
• Anton von Webern │ Six Pieces for Orchestra
• Maurice Ravel │ “Shéhérazade”
• Dmitri Shostakovich │ “October”
• Gunther Schuller │“The Past is in the Present”
The New England Philharmonic’s annual December family concert will bring literary characters Jay Gatsby and Tom Sawyer to musical life and enlists the children of Boston City Singers to help tell the story of Elijah’s Angel. The concert will also feature a performance from the winner of NEP’s 30th Annual Young Artist Competition Winner.
December 13, 2015 – 3pm │ Annual Family Concert – Musical Characters
• John Harbison│ “Remembering Gatsby”
• George Antheil │“Tom Sawyer Overture”
• Concerto to be performed by NEP’s Young Artist Competition Winner (to be announced)
• Rob Kapilow │“Elijah’s Angel” │David Kravitz, baritone; Dana Whiteside, baritone; Boston City Singers, Jane Money, Director